Catigliano – a secluded Umbrian rural villa
Catigliano is absolute tranquility set on a little hill of its own in 60 acres of grounds surrounded by the stunning Umbrian countryside with a 40′x20′ pool and comfortably sleeping 8.
To the North-West lies the 994m wall of the Monte Croce di Serra; to the East and South densely forested hills of wild “selva” roll to the giants of the central Appennines in the distance; to the West are two perfect fortified medieval hilltop villages – all this in the clear air of 480m above sea-level.
Rome is 1½ hours by car with the A1 “Autostrada del Sole” motorway 30km away and there are trains from nearby Terni, Narni and Orvieto to Rome.
- 3 double bedrooms
- 3 single bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms plus 2 WC with wash basins
- Radio and TV
- There are two dogs and chicken, eggs, fruit and vegetables are for your picking
- The nearest village (3 miles) is Toscolano.
- Several of the local towns and villages have public tennis courts (Sangemini and Melezzole)
- Mobile phones on roaming have a bad signal
- Sheets and towels are provided and changed once a week
- The swimming pool is salt water, not chlorine
Ezio Caprini looks after the garden and the kitchen garden. He lives a few minutes away although his house is not visible through the trees.
House rules and user’s manual
- Please use the upstairs door and keys when leaving the house. Lock downstairs. When you leave, the house keys should be left on the table. Try not to use too much water.
- Ezio Caprini oversees the property, he can advise about shops and be called for any difficulties but he speaks no English. Minella cleans the house.
- At night the wild boars may come to drink at the pond making the dogs bark; do not be alarmed. Ferrets may clatter about on the roof at night looking for nests.
- There is a complete change of towels and linen once a week. You are not to help yourself to linen from the linen cupboard. When you leave please put dirty linen in the washing machine. Do not set the washing machine.
- The house must be left exactly as you found it. Any extra hours for cleaning it will be taken from the £300 deposit.
- If anything gets broken, I would be grateful if you could mend or replace it and leave a note.